Those trophies are not mine. While my anime-gaming website, The Otaku Fridge, did end up as a finalist for the Entertainment Category of the Philippine Blog Awards 2010, it was my absentee sister (of Reluctant Stylista) who had me climbing up the stage THRICE:
- For when she won the Best Design award.
- For when she won the Best Fashion and Beauty Blog award.
- For when she demanded I have my photos taken onstage, with all of the other winners. She actually required me to wear something fashionable, in case she wins, since I would be representing a fashion blog. Wut. So yeah...I hope the jacket I grabbed from her closet would suffice. Hehehe.
On to the event.
This was exactly what the organizers captured and projected on the screen when they were showing my blog among the Entertainment category finalists:
(I actually worried that since I already climbed onstage twice for my sister, that I wouldn't get to climb the stage for ME. Heh, turns out I was right...but I think Without Wang2, the winner in the Entertainment category, well deserved the award.)
I did give credit to her boyfriend, Paolo Lazatin, for doing the divine illustrations on her masthead.
Hirits of the night, from the hosts and presentors:
- About travel bloggers being absent because they were traveling.
- About food bloggers not hearing that they won because they were outside having coffee.
- About winners who claimed they were unprepared but were reading their acceptance speeches through their "generic" tablets. (Generic because Nokia was a sponsor. Bwahahahaha!)
- About the audience itching to leave early because they needed to blog. Lots of "stuck on keyboard" jokes here.
Told them that my sister runs a fashion blog and that she's an upcoming stylist. I don't remember what else I said; I just recall the grammatical errors I uttered out of nervousness. Haha!
Since I actually am battling a fever, she suggested we find a noodle place and ended up at North Park in Makati Avenue.
We had a wonderful night overall. I didn't expect Cris to find herself laughing and having fun at such a crowd-drawing affair. (We're both afraid of people.)
I'm so thankful to the organizers of the Philippine Blog Awards 2010, not only for picking me as one of the finalists (and giving my sis two awards) among hundreds that competed, but also for inspiring Cris enough that she now wants to write again.
Like this post? Subscribe to this blog NOW .
Or like Skysenshi's Hermitage Facebook Page for updates, contests and discussions.