- I never feel my Christmas bonus. Never! It's all spent on paying bills and credit card debts that have accumulated. I don't mind buying gifts for people I care about, but it's really more of my extravagance coming back to slap me in the face that I hate dealing with. To think, I've already toned down my lifestyle...
- Heavy traffic. Plus annoying cab drivers seemed to have "gone forth and multiplied". Which leads me to...
- Waking up two hours earlier than usual so cabbies would have no excuse to ask for additional payment. If the roads are clear, they can't complain about the traffic. The lack of sleep that this entails, however, guarantees that I'd be a real grouch.
- There are crowds everywhere!!! Everyone's in the mall.
- All of the above lead people to become hotheaded. I've seen people flare up over the littlest things this season. Really. For a holiday that's based on the birth of the Christian Savior, we sure do our best to act so un-Christian.
Anyway, I was able to relax a few days ago, with the only things I like about the season (and no, this is not an ad for Starbucks):
That's a Peppermint Mocha latte at the rightmost side of the photo. It's my favorite Christmas drink.
This is Cris's favorite Christmas drink, the Toffee Nut latte.
She usually gets this with Starbucks' ensaymada, which is soft and cheesy.
This particular Starbucks treat, which seems to come out only during the Christmas season, isn't as delectable as it looks. I can't seem to taste the ginger in it.
Anyhoo, I just had this small reprieve a few days ago, before I went up to Tagaytay...then it was back to hellish Manila again. Gosh, can I just hide myself until the season ends? Can I? Can I?
Like this post? Subscribe to this blog NOW .
Or like Skysenshi's Hermitage Facebook Page for updates, contests and discussions.